At Historical Rancho Minerva
Suze Diaz — The Women’s Club of Vista is a philanthropic organization whose motto “Enriching lives through philanthropy and volunteer service” resonates greatly with their members to positively empower their communities. As a nod to Women’s History Month with the celebration of their first annual “Women of Achievement” ceremony, the three recipients of the 2019 “Women of Achievement” Award truly embodies the spirit and soul of these words. Vista Unified School District Trustee and Educator Carol Herrera, Theatrical Director and Producer Kathy Brombacher, and Mayor Judy Ritter has each given much of their time, guidance and passion into creating lifelong dedication in the areas of Education, The Arts, and Government Leadership to the City of Vista.
On the beautiful venue grounds of the Vista Historical Society and Museum at Rancho Minerva, Women’s Club of Vista President Judy Pantazo and Ways & Means Chairperson Anita Hutchins kicked off the delightful affaire with the introduction of the North County Young Marines’ All Female Color Guard and their Presentation of Colors as the classy harmonic jazz quartet Gin ‘N Tonix (www.nvoicestudios.com) performed the National Anthem. Attendees enjoyed sensational artistic food and dessert creations specially catered by request courtesy of “Cakes by Adella” (www.facebook.com/cakesbyadella). Ways & Means Chairperson Anita Hutchins gave wonderful introductions describing the excellent accomplishments of each “Women of Achievement” recipient. Special guests were in attendance to celebrate these amazing visionary women and thank them for their service. As Mayor Judy Ritter honored her fellow award colleagues by giving a City Proclamation that March 9,2019 was “Carol Herrera and Kathy Brombacher Day” in the City of Vista, Senator Pat Bates graciously gave an additional City Proclamation that March 9, 2019 was also “Judy Ritter Day” in the City of Vista as well as bestowing beautifully framed Senate Declarations revering all three deserving ladies. Newly sworn in Assemblymember Tasha Boerner Horvath proudly presented each beneficiary with a California State Assembly Certificate of Recognition. Former City Councilman John Aguilera was also in attendance to share in the celebration of such distinctive honorees. After a marvelous entertainment break by the splendid Gin ‘N Tonix, a special “Woman of the Year” recognition was warmly awarded to Mayor Judy Ritter with a stunning custom brooch especially
designed by John Shakarian of John Shakarian Jewelers (http://johnshakarianjeweler.com/).
Vista Historical Society and Museum at Rancho Minerva (2317 Old Foothill Drive) is a vital part of Vista’s heritage, preserving and honoring the past while serving the present. A lot of Vista’s history is on display, with many pictures showing the growth of our wonderful town and the citizens that lived during that early time along with archives from our beloved Vista Press! Admission is free and museum hours are Wednesday-Friday from 10 AM to 2:30 PM (tours after hours are also available by appointment). One of the newest additions to this beautiful place is the ability to rent the historic grounds as an organization’s meeting place, a social event venue or a wedding setting. Venue rental and wedding packages are available and include items for successful events.
A fantastic silent auction table with generously filled prize baskets was on display and each of the women-owned businesses whose booths offered a variety of products and services donated special raffle prizes to give attendees a chance to win with tickets purchased from Miss Teen Pride of Vista Jessica Heatherly. Participating vendors included:
- KTS-Shuttle: Based in Vista, KTS-Shuttle offers door-to-door service under the quality guidance of Enid K. Karrenberg. Service is from SD to LAX, LAX to SD and in between; customized trips to wherever you want to go including Disneyland! You have the convenience to book online at www.kts-shuttle.com or call 619-723-7815
- Andrea Professional Cleaning Service, LLC: Insured, Certified and Bonded, this residential and commercial cleaning service focuses on customized services for each client. With Serv Safe Certification, Andrea Ruano delivers results every time. Contact her at www.andreacleaning.com or call 760-672-9042
- Silver Linings Transitions Move Management Services: Takes “the worry and work out of the move process” and offer many services. Their main focus specializes in seniors but they also are designed to help divorcing families make the transition to moving toward a brighter tomorrow. Licensed, Insured and Bonded, check out their Facebook page to see before and after pictures https://www.facebook.com/silverliningstransitions/, contact them at 760-522-1624 or visit http://www.silverliningstransitions.com/
- Spice Junction Blends: Handcrafted gourmet spice blends that are versatile in many ways to enhance, invent and compliment your culinary delights. Whether you are a food newbie or a culinary enthusiast, these globally exotic Valley Center creations will make you savor the flavor. Shara Cuyno has the perfect blend waiting for you. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or her Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/spicejunctionblends/ An added bonus to this vendor is sister, Bernadette Carvalho, a hobbyist entrepreneur who specializes in customized greeting cards, wreaths, and ornaments for all seasons! If you would like to purchase her creations or donate to her team, “Ohana & Friends”, participating in the Relay for Life of Vista on June 22 at Vista Magnet Middle School, email her at email@example.com
- Five Rings Financial: Jayne Hall is a tax-free retirement planning specialist who is passionate about guiding her clients toward building and preserving their assets and making a difference in ensuring their financial security. Contact Jayne at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vista Tile and Stone: Specializing in top quality installations, Alexandra Heiman and husband, Christopher Heiman, are local family owned and operated. Licensed and bonded, they strive to exceed expectations by delivering quality service on time! A 5-star business on Yelp!, Vista Tile and Stone understands that your time is valuable when it comes to remodels, repairs and installation. Call them at 760-419-5669 or visit https://www.vistatileandstone.com/
- Color Street Nail Polish Strips: One of the amazing unique ways to give yourself nails! Easy to apply, flexible and fantastic, Color Street Nail Polish Strips are the answer to a long-lasting, smudge-free manicure. Cat Intoci is a master at applying the strips and is eager to show you the many different colors and styles. Visit https://mycolorstreet.com/catintoci to learn more!
- Fully Promoted: Customized, branded cool stuff for any purpose you need! Now with print services, digital marketing and lead generation added, Kim Roy and her husband, Dan, are fully committed to help their customers meet their marketing and branding needs and ensure their growth and vitality. See what results they can do for you by calling 760-216-6888, contact email@example.com or visit their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/fullypromotedoceanside/
Enriching lives and building strong ties in the community is what brings people together. The creators and recipients of the 2019 “Women of Achievement” award personify the ultimate example of service, leadership and legacy. Together, they ensure that the City of Vista will be a dynamic force in the future.
To find out more on how to be a part of a wonderful volunteering organization, please contact 2nd VP/Membership Director Tonya Green Brynie at WCVMembership@gmail.com or visit https://www.womansclubofvista.org/
For more information on how Rancho Minerva can be a fantastic venue for your social event or wedding, please call the event coordinator at 760-420-2202, email firstname.lastname@example.org