Benefits: Medical Insurance, Service Club Membership, Professional Development, Mileage Reimbursement, Cell Phone Allowance, Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Holidays, 401k, Expense Account
Chamber Membership: 560
Chamber Budget: $725,000
Total Number of Staff: 5
Population of Area Served: 101,000
Position Summary: The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will provide high profile leadership, vision, guidance and strategic direction for the programs and personnel of the Vista Chamber of Commerce. He/She will facilitate and lead staff and board efforts to achieve the mission and goals of the Chamber as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Position reports to the Vista Chamber Board of Directors.
- Position’s main responsibilities are to run the daily operations of the Chamber as well its employees and all related job duties.
- Position responsible for Chamber membership and retention.
- Position has full responsibility for budget management and financial viability.
- Position serves as the face of the Chamber. Position is responsible to promote the benefits of the Chamber to prospective and existing businesses in the Vista area.
- Position is the liaison between the Chamber and City of Vista and other government entities.
- Marketing experience a plus – including familiarity with WordPress, Constant Contact and Social Media.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of experience and a proven track record of success. This experience may come from a variety of backgrounds: chambers of commerce, economic development organizations, related business associations or other non-profits; experience as an “#2” or other senior-level executive at related organizations; an executive with a strong record of community involvement from a private or public sector entity.
W.A.C.E. Academy Graduate: Preferred
U.S. Chamber Institute Graduate: Preferred
Deadline: January 15, 2019
Contact: Please submit a cover letter, resume and references to: VistaChamberCEO@gmail.com