VAPA Third Annual Education Fair Saturday
t’s almost time for our 4th Annual Early Childhood Education Fair – 4 more days!! We would like to thank you all for joining in our fun and being willing to table at the event. It’s sure to be another great time – and, hey, it looks like this will be the first one where it will not rain!! Yay!!
I’ve attached our flyers (English & Spanish), so please help us continue to promote the event. As well, we have created an event on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/
EngageVista/) and I attached the videos from our last two fairs. (Some of you are in them, so enjoy! They are short and sweet!) The address is VAVPA (Vista Academy of Visual & Performing Arts)/the Linda Rhoades Recreation Center at 600 N. Santa Fe Ave., Vista, 92083. The event on April 14th, 2oa8 runs from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Here are some final details regarding logistics:
Most of you filled out the on-line form or we spoke separately regarding how many chairs you will need for your tables (a couple of you said you will be bringing your own tables and/or pop-ups). If something has changed, please let me know. It will be toasty, so if you have your own pop-up, you are welcome to bring it. (Please let me know.) Our tables are 3×6 feet.
* HAVE FUN!!!!!
* There will be many families present (last year we had 1,300 people) with predominantly children of ages munchkin-elementary and some middle school students.
* You will have your table space along with the blacktop space in front of your table to utilize, so feel free to get creative!
* We have an Earth Day theme, so run with it!
* If you would like to have some space on the grass to play (obstacle courses, sports games, other fun activities) either instead of your table or in addition to, just let me know and I will save you space on the field. (If you are not familiar with the location of the Fair, the field is directly adjacent to the blacktop, so you will not be separated.)
* Set-up will run from 7 a.m – 9:30 a.m. (10 a.m. start time!) You are welcome to come at anytime within that window to set up.
* There will be food and drinks available for purchase (Primo’s Market with delicious Mexican food (e.g., street tacos!), ice cold drinks, Kona Ice (snow cones), popcorn, and nachos), along with some morning coffee and a little fruit (free!)
* All kids will walk away with free books (thanks Education Begins in the Home) and prizes – and there are some for adults, too – everyone gets an opportunity drawing ticket!
It will be a another great event of community and school district support and love! We will have some great student performances along with all of the games and activities you will help provide. When you’re sharing the event out, please also make sure to invite your friends and families (and all of your cool neighbors!)
Do you want more news like this? We're supported by our subscribers and readers!