Tickets now on sale
ESCONDIDO, CA – March 2018 – Join us for an evening of glitz and glamour as ten prominent community and business leaders tango, salsa, samba, cha cha and waltz their way across the dance floor to compete in the California Center for the Arts, Escondido’s 3rd Annual “Dancing With Our Stars” Fundraiser on Saturday April 7, 2018!
Community stars include KUSI’s Elizabeth Alvarez, Escondido City Treasurer Doug Shultz, Dr. Albert Martinez, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group and Cami Mattson Director of Charitable Giving for San Diego Foundation. All 10 stars will be paired with professional dance instructors from regional dance studios including Fred Astaire Rancho Bernardo and Arthur Murray Studio Escondido. Celebrity Judges include County Supervisor Kristin Gaspar, Escondido City Councilman Mike Morasco and Kerri Frederick of Carlsbad Dance Centre.
Dance couples will compete in the Center’s 1,500-seat concert hall, emulating the format of the popular reality show, Dancing with the Stars. Sivart Entertainment brings us Dallas McLaughlin as our Emcee, the Emmy-nominated writer of the Aquabats! Super Show! and host of KPBS’s Film Indiego.
TICKETS… VIP tickets can be purchased for $175, and include premium seating, a VIP dinner reception with hosted beer and wine and early bidding for premium silent auction items.
Proceeds benefit the Center’s education and outreach programs, which serve over 85,000 people each year, including Center Stage performances for youth and Art Discovery field trips (art, drama, dance and music) for K-12 students. Proceeds also benefit free community events such as Second Saturdays (galleries and museums open for free activities), 4th of July festival, Dia de Los Muertos Festival & Winter Wonderland Festival.
The 3rd Annual Dancing With Our Stars is generously sponsored by BMW/Mini of Escondido. Additional Sponsorship opportunities are still available. More information is available at www.artcenter.org/event/dancing-with-our-stars/ or by calling 760.839.4124.
FEATURED DANCERS AND INSTRUCTOR PARTNERS
- Elizabeth Alvarez, KUSI Good Morning San Diego News Anchor – Andre Baltierra, Fred Astaire Dance Studio Rancho Bernardo
- Dr. Enil Bliesath, Family Dentistry – Jorge Jaimes, Tierra Caliente Academy of Arts, Vista
- Sandra DiCicco, CEO Grand Restaurant Group – Dominique Dawson, Arthur Murray Dance Studio
- Dr. Luis Ibarra, Superintendent Escondido Union School District – Jahnine Flores, Tierra Caliente Academy of Arts, Vista
- Angie Lasagna, VP of Community Relations and External Affairs Mission Federal Credit Union –Joel Callahan, Fred Astaire Dance Studio Rancho Bernardo
- Dr. Albert Martinez, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group –Kimberly Callahan, Fred Astaire Dance Studio Rancho Bernardo
- Cami Mattson, Director of Charitable Giving the San Diego Foundation –Steve Showers, Mary Murphy Champion Ballroom Academy
- Matt Pound, General Manager Weir Asphalt Construction Group – Kristin Ortiz, Arthur Murray Dance Studio
- Darren Pudgil, President Pudgil & Company – Alyssa Junious, Freelance Professional Dancer & Choreographer
- Doug Shultz, Escondido City Treasurer – Danae Gill, Fred Astaire Dance Studio Rancho Bernardo
ABOUT THE CENTER
With a mission of bringing people together to discover, create and celebrate both the visual and performing arts, the California Center for the Arts, Escondido is the cultural center of North San Diego County.
The Center’s unique campus includes a 1,523-seat concert hall, a 404-seat theater, a diverse art museum, art and dance studios, and a full-service conference center with meeting and banquet facilities. The Center also runs an extensive education program and produces free community events, such as the Jazz Jam Sessions, Holiday Tree Lighting, Day of the Dead, 4th of July and WOW First Wednesdays performances.
The Center is located at 340 N. Escondido Blvd. in Escondido. The Ticket Office can be reached at (800) 988-4253. Tickets can also be purchased online. To learn more, including performance dates, times and ticket information, visit www.artcenter.org.