- Sunburst Ribbons by David and Lisa Slovis Mandel of San Diego
- Offshore Onshore by Alex Gall of Vista
- Bobble and Nod by Ryan Bulis of Oceanside
- Hope Springs Eternal by Grant Bathke of Vista
- Context of Awareness by Nico Meyer of San Diego
- Tortuga de Mar by John Meyer of Temecula
The Public Arts Commission’s “Kites Over Vista” project has provided a venue to showcase sculptures in public areas of downtown Vista for the past nine years. The “Kites Over Vista” exhibits have been extremely successful in the promotion of public art through the sale/donation of 13 Kites for public display and five Kites currently on consignment.
The goal of the “Kites Over Vista” program is to create a vibrant temporary art program that will enhance Vista through a variety of unique original artwork; stimulate public interest of art and artists; engage and educate visitors about the City of Vista’s Public Art’s Program, the selected artist and the featured artwork; and provide a venue for artists to promote their artwork.
Twelve Kite models were submitted and the six sculptures were selected by the City of Vista’s Public Arts Commission. Once selected, the “Kite” artwork remains the property of the artist and may be sold upon completion of the display period.