The Boys & Girls Club of Vista has many families that could use a little help this Holiday Season.
As the holiday season approaches, The Boys & Girls Club of Vista is preparing for a NEW Holiday Adopt-A-Family program. This program has been designed to provide for those who need it most. Many of our members are disadvantaged children whose families consist of a low-income, under-served population. In fact, more than one-third of our member families have household incomes of less than $25,000 a year. Every family deals with different struggles and greatly appreciates additional support during the holidays. We have identified those families who need help the most and our hope is to connect them with caring, supportive individuals and organizations who wish to sponsor them. Each eligible family has applied for the Adopt a Family program, and is pre-screened, so we know these are families in need of assistance.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Vista works to help youth of all backgrounds develop the qualities needed to become responsible citizens and leaders. The Club is committed to serving the needs of boys and girls 5 to 18 years of age during the critical hours when they are out of school and away from parental supervision. BGCV gives children what they need most: a safe environment where they can have fun and be themselves; adult role models who respect and listen to them; and interesting and constructive educational and recreational activities that channel youthful energy into challenging and productive pursuits.
Here’s how YOU can get involved:
- Choose who you want to adopt with! Your family, your neighbors, friends, community organization or perhaps your department at work.
- Complete the Adopt a Family Sponsor Application- here you can choose the size family you’d like to support! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
- Encourage your colleagues, friends and others to get involved! Either as part of your “team” or by sponsoring their own family.
- Have fun with the preparations! Matches will be available as early as November 14!
- Provide two new gifts for each child and one for their adult, plus non-perishable makings of a holiday meal.
- Drop off donations for your family by December 12 for distribution to our families.
❅ Wrap a Gift!
Businesses, social groups, or civic organizations can support Club Kids by providing “Santa” gifts for our Club Members holiday party. We please ask that all toys be delivered by December 8th. If you choose to wrap gifts, please mark as “boy”, “girl” or “b/g” and age range. Again members are ages 5-18; most under 13 years old.
Individuals or businesses can sponsor Club membership for a child in need for only $50. Donations may be made on line or by check.
❅Give it as a Gift!
Looking for a creative gift this holiday? Adopt-a-Family in honor of a loved one and give it to them as a gift!