The Bonsall Woman’s Club (BWC) March meeting is a special time – not just for introducing the Volunteer of the Year award but announcing the winners in the Palomar Art Festival.
This year’s Volunteer of the Year, Bev York, has heart and so much more. She has given freely of her time, over 240 Volunteer hours in calendar year 2018.
Bev joined the BWC in 2011 and immediately began serving in the all-important position as 3rd Vice President-Programs. In subsequent years she served as 1st Vice President/Dean of Chairmen, and the Club’s Parliamentarian. She graciously accepted when the Palomar District, which is part of the California and General Federation of Women’s Clubs, asked for her help to serve on their Board. She is currently serving as the District’s 1st Vice President-Dean of Chairmen. Helping is her nature. Often, she is quietly working in the background to make sure the job gets done in any area where she has an expertise. The results of any of her club involvement can best be described as quality work from a quality lady.
The following poem is the ultimate description of The BWC’s Volunteer of the Year Awardee:
Valuable is the work you do
Outstanding in how you always come through.
Loyal, sincere, and full of good cheer
Untiring in your efforts throughout the year.
Notable are the contributions you make
Trustworthy in every project you take.
Eager to reach your every goal
Effective in the way you fulfill your role.
Ready with a smile like a shining star
Special and wonderful — that’s what you are!
When Bev’s announcement was made to the general membership, she received a much-deserved standing ovation.
To cap off this special meeting, the BWC members who won awards at the Palomar Art Festival were announced.
- Best of Show, Giverny Pond, Advanced Scenic/Pastel
- Second, Owl, Advanced Portrait, Oil
Julie Van Loon
- Best of Show, Quiet Meadow, Advanced Scenic/Oil
- Best of Show, Gentle Love, Advanced Portrait/Oil
- Best of Show, Juan’s Guacamole, Advanced Still Life/Oil
Best of show, Sun Flower, Novice/Mixed Media
PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST~ WORLD IN PICTURES:
Living Things (B&W)
- Best of Show, Lisa Hasvold, Lady with Hand on Cheek
- Second, Mary Jane Poulter, Baby Sleeping
- Third, Marleen DuBona, Farmhouse-Italy
- Third, Mary Jane Poulter, Oceanside Pier
Still Life (B&W)
- Best of Show, Barbara Chahbazian, Building in Water
- Second, Marleen DuBona, Walls Italy
Living Things (Color)
- Best of Show, Barbara Chahbazian, Two Old Guys
- First, Marleen DuBona, Lady Restoring Frescos-Italy
- Second, Liza Hasvold, Red Polka-dot Jacket-Beach
- Best of Show, Lisa Hasvold, Lighthouse on Beach
- Third, Mary Jane Poulter, Bonsall, Birds on Rock-Ocean Waves
Still Life (Color)
- Best of Show, Marleen DuBona, Cork Bicycle
Congratulations are in order for the creativity and talent demonstrated by the above winners.
The Club meets on the first Thursday of the month at The Golf Club of California, 3742 Flowerwood Ln, Fallbrook. The April meeting will be on the 4th. The doors open at 9 a.m. The meeting begins at 10 a.m. with the program and lunch following. April’s program will feature Dan Damon who will be playing and singing “fun songs with personality.” Lunch will be a Salad Bar with all the fixings. The cost is $23 all inclusive. The deadline for reservations is March 27th.
Send your check, payable to BWC, to P.O. Box 545, Bonsall, CA 92003. Visit: bonsallwomansclub.org